Friday, March 1, 2013

Run around the river

(3/1)  March means the beginning of Spring, which means it's time to go for runs outside!  I wasn't sure how my body was going to take it, considering I hadn't run in a month, but thankfully, walking 5 miles everyday kept me partly in the groove and I took off down the river!  I had checked my route multiple times before I left, ensuring that each bend and curve of the confusing Roman streets was accounted for.  The fresh air was chilly but felt refreshing and a couple miles felt like a breeze.  I past by a farmers market on the Settembrini road right by Bernardi and made a note to stop by later.  The camera crew was interviewing my roommate Anna in our room, so after a quick shower, Sarah and I headed over to the market.  We were excited to find rows of fresh fruits and veggies, bread, cheap clothing, kitchen supplies, and other random items.  We picked our way through what we needed and made a note to find out when this market is available during the week.  We were excited to find out it is a daily thing and it was by shear luck that we didn't find out about it until now!  The rest of the afternoon was filled with a delicious stirfry made from our fresh veggies, skyping, prayer, and trying to juggle with Thanos (our program director) the Italian alternative to American medication by comparing the labels....tough work!  All in all, a productive and relaxing Friday to start the weekend out right.

No comments:

Post a Comment