Thursday, March 7, 2013

Damian and Cosmos

(3/7)  I went to station church this morning at 7am over by the Wedding Cake building called, "Church of Damian and Cosmos."  I have to admit I went partly because of the awesome name.  I was picturing a huge and powerful building.  Well, the church itself was more petite and ornate, but below the church there were stone remains of a temple ruins, including the remains of the two saints.  We walked back, had breakfast and I caught up on some writing. Today is the feast of St. Thomas Aquinas, so our classes at the Angelicum were cancelled, but we still had 2 of Rota's classes down in the basement of our Bernardi building.  It was kind of fun to have class in my sweatpants without having to walk anywhere.  Afterwards, the Rota family kindly took me, Sarah and Tim out for dinner to get to know each of us better.  We left at 6pm and realized that restaurants usually don't open until 7:30pm.  So we headed back and reconvened at 7:30.  We headed over to a small restaurant ride by Bernardi that looked very nice and neighborly.  Our dishes mimicked the higher prices: small and fancy dishes.  I had flavorful and tender duck breast with cauliflower/broccoli mixed and mandarine oranges, and I got to try some of Tim's squid.  It was so nice to be able to get to know their family better and hang out with Hannah (6) and Rosa (9) and talk about the coming baby due in April!  After a couple of hours of good conversation we walked back and exchanged Rome pictures with Tim's nice camera and crawled into bed around 1am.

No comments:

Post a Comment