Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Easter Mass

HAPPY EASTER!
After experiencing the crowds outside of security and hustling our way into the square, we stood for mass, praying for no rain.  The sun came out and Mass was beautiful!  Pope Francis even processed right by us on his pope mobile after Mass.  We left once it was done and weaved our way back to Bernardi for an Easter Brunch. 
Pope driving by
Afterwards, we celebrated by strolling around Rome, buying gifts for family members and eating the long-awaited Gelato.  We grabbed our last dinner together at an authentic Italian underground place called, “Il Ciociaro.”  We had a delicious meal and wonderful conversation.  My parents walked me back to Bernardi to say goodbye.  It was harder to leave them than I
thought.  Both Bernardians (who were traveling on spring break) and my family was “leaving” me at the same time so I felt like I was losing two families at once!  But I didn’t have much time to feel sad, because I needed to get prepared for my next adventure in the morning: Medjugorje.  


No comments:

Post a Comment