Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Community Dinner Delights

(3/6) Our Italian teacher took us to get Gelato during class so we could practice our Italian ordering skills.  Unfortunately, I gave up Gelato, so I had to take note of the best flavors to have after Easter.  It was rainy yet again and we made the trek back to Bernardi to get ready for community night.  There were opportunities for confession, adoration and mass.  After mass we had an interesting discussion about an article on whether people should wait to have later marriages. At dinner I got very lucky and was able to sit next to 6 year old Hannah, Dr. Rota's daughter.  We raved over our now favorite Bernardi meal: baked eggplant, creamy rice, crusted potato with melted cheese, chicken, vegetable salad, and cake topped with fruit for dessert.  I was able to yell over the table and have a good conversation with one of the NAAC seminarians, Dale, who explained to me the reasoning behind doing a Marian consecration, and the importance of Mary in general.  He explained with passion about Christ becoming incarnate specifically through her, showing that Mary is so tied with her son that she is virtually transparent and so we can go to her to get to Christ.  She is also more relatable than Jesus, who was the Son of God after all, and by drawing close to her and following her steps, we are following in the footsteps of Christ.  I was excited to continue my consecration to her and take her on into my heart, so she can more fully lead my hear to her Son, Jesus.
   We ended the night with a praise and worship song by Nic and the new Bernardi Guitar, "Bernadette" and I began on editing the documentary I made of our camp out at St. Peters the previous week before the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment