Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Walking Kicks In


St. Charles Borromeo's Heart
(Tuesday 2/5) This morning my body finally took into account how many miles I've been walking everyday....ow.  But the best remedy is to power-through and enjoy every part of the experience so I wasn't about to let a few sore muscles keep me from walking to St. Peters for morning mass.  We celebrated it in one of the gorgeous side chapels of the Vatican.  The whole mass was in Italian but the cool thing about the Catholic mass is that it's universal so I was able to follow along.  After mass we walked to the Angelicum for class.  I didn't know if it was correct etiquette to bring your tea/coffee cups into class with you, but when the lady at the 'bar' wasn't looking I grabbed the tea pot and my tea cup and headed to Italian.  In between classes, we walked to the Spanish steps where tricky vendors gave us flowers and made us believe they were free (but of course, they wanted the guys to pay for us "beautiful bellas"...darn.)  After class we walked into a church that held the heart of St. Charles Borromeo in it.  That night, many of us girls decided to grab stuff from the market and make dinner in the Bernardi kitchen.  It was a blast!  We prepared Tuscany Soup (recipe via Olive Garden) and salad while singing along to disney songs and enjoying each others company.

No comments:

Post a Comment